- Chemically reactive and naturally convective high speed MHD fluid flow through an oscillatory vertical porous plate with heat and radiation absorption effect
- Arifuzzaman, S. M.; Khan, M. S.; Mehedi, M. F. U.; Rana, B. M. J.; Ahmmed, S. F.
- Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal Vol. 21, Issue 2, p. 215-228
- Publisher Link
- Resource Type
- journal article
- This paper concerns with the modelling of an unsteady natural convective and higher order chemically reactive magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) fluid flow with the effect of heat and radiation absorption. The flow is generated through a vertical oscillating porous plate. Boundary layer approximations is carried out to establish a flow model which represents the time dependent momentum, energy and diffusion balance equations. Before being solved numerically, the governing partial differential equations (PDEs) were transformed into a set of nonlinear ordinary differential equation (ODEs) by using non-similar technique. A very efficient numerical approach solves the obtained nonlinear coupled ODEs so called Explicit Finite Difference Method (EFDM). An algorithm is implemented in Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6a as a solving tool. In addition, the stability and convergence analysis (SCA) is examined and shown explicitly. The advantages of SCA is its optimizes the accuracy of system parameters such as Prandtl number (Pr) and Schmidt number (Sc).The velocity, temperature and concentration fields in the boundary layer region are studied in detail and the outcomes are shown in graphically with the influence of various pertinent parameters such as Grashof number (Gr), modified Grashof number (Gr), magnetic parameter (M), Darcy number (Da),Prandtl number (Pr), Schmidt number (Sc), radiation (R), heat sink (Q),radiation absorption (Q₁), Eckert number (Ec), Dufour number (Du),Soret number (Sr), Schmidt number (Sc), reaction index (P) and chemical reaction (Kr). Furthermore, the effect of skin friction coefficient (Cf), Nusselt number (Nu.) and Sherwood number (Sh) are also examined graphically.
- MHD; oscillating porous plate; radiation absorption; high order chemical reaction; EFDM
- This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
- Full Text
- Hits: 1214
- Visitors: 1530
- Downloads: 167
|View Details Download||ATTACHMENT02||Publisher version (open access)||2 MB||Adobe Acrobat PDF||View Details Download|