- Graceful labelling: state of the art, applications and future directions
- Brankovic, Ljiljana; Wanless, Ian M.
- Mathematics in Computer Science Vol. 5, Issue 1, p. 11-20
- Publisher Link
- Birkhaeuser Verlag AG
- Resource Type
- journal article
- his paper takes a close look at graceful labelling and its applications. We pay special attention to the famous Graceful Tree Conjecture, which has attracted a lot of interest and engaged many researchers over the last 40+ years, and yet to this day remains unsolved. We describe applications of graceful and graceful-like labellings of trees to several well known combinatorial problems and we expose yet another one, namely the connection between α-labelling of paths and near transversals in Latin squares. Finally, we show how spectral graph theory can be used to further the progress on the Graceful Tree Conjecture.
- graceful labelling; graph labellings; graph decomposition; Oberwolfach problem; Latin squares; near transversal; map colouring; spectral graph theory
- Hits: 1017
- Visitors: 984
- Downloads: 0